Directions for BASE Compliance Completion
LANCASTER YOUTH BASEBALL & SOFTBALL
USA Baseball’s BASE (Baseball Athlete Safety Education) program is a zero-tolerance campaign for any
type of abuse within the sport of baseball. Your organization has prioritized athlete safety and is a BASE
Organization with USA Baseball. As such, all coaches in the organization are required to complete a
standard background check and the USA Baseball Abuse Awareness for Adults course. Please follow the
instructions below to complete BASE Compliance.
More information about USA Baseball’s BASE program, including the USA Baseball Ineligible List and the
Online Reporting Form for abuse within the sport can be found at www.USABASE.org.
BASE Compliance requirements:
Complete the free Abuse Awareness course:
1. Create an account or sign in at USABDevelops.com or on the USA Baseball app
- When creating an account, you must select the name of your organization from
the drop down menu and click “Join”
2. Click on the EDUCATION tile
3. Select CERTIFICATIONS
4. Find “BASE Compliance” and click “Enroll”
5. Select the “Abuse Awareness for Adults” course
6. Enroll and complete course
Complete the Standard Background check:
1. Click on the EDUCATION tile
2. Select CERTIFCIATIONS
3. Find “USA Baseball- Standard Package” and click “Purchase”
4. Apply the following voucher code: LancasterYouth2023
5. Click “Continue to Checkout”
6. Once purchase is complete click “Continue”
7. Find “USA Baseball – Standard Package” in the “My Certifications” column on the left-hand side
(skip this step if using the USA Baseball app)
8. Click “Go to Questionnaire” and complete the background check questionnaire
After following these steps, you should receive an email stating you are BASE compliant within 48 hours.
Keep this email for your records.